Guyana Visa Requirements
When you apply for a Guyana visa, you have to submit several documents, which the consular staff will use to decide on the outcome of your visa. The documents differ, depending on the type of visa you need as well as the country where you are applying. However, expect to include at least the following:
- Your passport, which is valid for at least another six months.
- Three completed copies of the Guyana visa application form
- Two visa pictures, with the following requirements:
- Size: 2-inch x 2-inch
- White background
- Taken recently (on older than three months)
- You must be straying straight ahead, with a neutral face expression
- Your entire face must be visible
- No headgear is allowed unless it is for religious purposes. Even in this case, the headgear cannot cover the face.
- No large or tinted eyeglasses or eyeglasses with thick frames which obstruct the face or the eyes.
- Proof of accommodation in Guyana (such as a hotel reservation)
- Proof you have the necessary financial resources to fund your trip to Guyana
- Invitation letter from a person/company in Guyana (if applicable)
- For employment visa: A letter of approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs. Your employer has to apply for approval before you travel for Guyana.
- For student visa: The acceptance letter from the university in Guyana.
- For business visa:
- Letter of Support from your sponsor or the host company/organization
- Letter of Invitation from your sponsor or the host company/organization
- Business Registration and TIN Certificate of the host company/organization
- If you are applying by mail: Mail Order or a pre-paid envelope to cover the return of the documents.
Guyana Visa on Arrival Requirements
Nationals of Bolivia and the United Arab Emirates can get a Guyana visa on arrival. They do not need to apply at an Embassy or Consulate of Guyana for a short-term visa. You have to start the application for the visa on arrival here.
If you are from another country, you can also get a Guyana visa on arrival if you cannot access a Guyana Embassy or Consulate abroad. The following categories can apply for a Guyana visa on arrival:https://14dc8a0bf16ae94d1c131e5d971446b7.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
- Tourists/visitors with a letter of invitation or sponsorship from someone in Guyana
- Foreigners with permission to work in Guyana from the Ministry of Home Affairs
- The spouse of a foreign worker in Guyana who is travelling with them.
- Foreigners admitted as students to a Guyana education institution and with approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs
To get a Guyana Tourist Visa On Arrival you need:
- Two passport-size pictures
- Letter of invitation from your host or sponsor in Guyana
- The name and contact information of your host or sponsor in Guyana
- The address of where you will stay while you are in Guyana
- Proof you have the financial requirements to cover your stay
To get a Guyana Employment Visa On Arrival you need:
- Approval for the employment visa and work permit in Guyana. Your employer has to apply for your work permit at the Ministry of Home Affairs before you travel for Guyana by submitting the following:
- Proof that the company is a registered and established business, in line with the requirements in Guyana.
- Your personal information and contact information.
- The employer’s personal and contact information
To get a Guyana Student Visa On Arrival you need:
- Approval for you to study in Guyana, which your school has to get for you before you travel. To get approval, they have to submit the following to the Ministry of Home Affairs:
- A document containing the name, address, and contact information of the school
- The address of where you will stay when you are in Guyana
- Your acceptance letter in the school
- Proof of financial support which will cover you while you study in Guyana
To get a Guyana Business Visa On Arrival you need:
- A document containing the name of the company and of a representative of the company
- Address and contact information of the place you intend to stay while you are in Guyana
- The inviting company has to submit your intended place of stay and the name of the business as well as the nature and address of the business to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
If you do not have a letter of invitation/sponsorship or approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs, then you will not receive the visa on arrival!